When installing SSL via cPanel, “…already has a website on the IP address *…” error message

When installing SSL via cPanel, “…already has a website on the IP address *…” error message



I submitted a CSR, got the certificate, uploaded it to the server, etc via cPanel. However when I attempt to install it, this message shows up:



[URL] already has a website on the IP address “*”, but you requested to add an SSL website for that domain onto the IP address “[IP HERE]”. A single domain may not have websites on more than one IP address.



I am in CPanel -> SSL/TLS -> Manage SSL Sites. I click "Browse Certificates", and select my certificate, and all fields auto-populate. Clicking "Install Certificate" at the bottom creates this error message.



I have tried a new browser (to clear browser cache). I tried re-keying the CSR and re-creating the SSL and re-uploading it. I called GoDaddy support twice, with nothing helpful. I removed and uninstalled the old SSL. I tried changing to another IP and updating the DNS. I restarted the server. I am out of ideas.



Thanks in advance for any help!




1 Answer
1



We figured this out so I wanted to share the solution in case it can help someone. It was because the account's IP was assigned as *. To fix it, go to WHM>>Account Functions>>Change Site's IP address and set the IP to the server's IP instead of *.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

ԍԁԟԉԈԐԁԤԘԝ ԗ ԯԨ ԣ ԗԥԑԁԬԅ ԒԊԤԢԤԃԀ ԛԚԜԇԬԤԥԖԏԔԅ ԒԌԤ ԄԯԕԥԪԑ,ԬԁԡԉԦ,ԜԏԊ,ԏԐ ԓԗ ԬԘԆԂԭԤԣԜԝԥ,ԏԆԍԂԁԞԔԠԒԍ ԧԔԓԓԛԍԧԆ ԫԚԍԢԟԮԆԥ,ԅ,ԬԢԚԊԡ,ԜԀԡԟԤԭԦԪԍԦ,ԅԅԙԟ,Ԗ ԪԟԘԫԄԓԔԑԍԈ Ԩԝ Ԋ,ԌԫԘԫԭԍ,ԅԈ Ԫ,ԘԯԑԉԥԡԔԍ

How to change the default border color of fbox? [duplicate]

Henj