C++ testing framework: recommendation sought [closed]

C++ testing framework: recommendation sought [closed]



I'm looking for a "quick and dirty" C++ testing framework I can use on my Windows/Visual Studio box. It's just me developing, so it doesn't have to be enterprise class software.
Staring at a list of testing frameworks, I am somewhat befuddled...



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unit_testing_frameworks#C.2B.2B



This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:




7 Answers
7



Here's a great article about C++ TDD frameworks. For the record, my personal preference is CxxTest, which I have been happily using for about six months now.





link updated: gamesfromwithin.com/…
– Vincent
Dec 12 '12 at 16:09



I have used both UnitTest++ and Boost.Test. They are both easy to setup and use.
Although, I wouldn't use Boost.Test if you're not already using the Boost libraries. It's a bit much to install all of Boost just to get the testing framework.



Great question! There have already been a few questions that address



A few:



Also take a look at Google Test, Google's C++ test framework.



I use UnitTest++ and AMOP for the Mock objects.



However now I would take a long hard look at GoogleTest and GoogleMock as they would probably complement each other quite well.





I was using UnitTest++ and hippomocks, and I took a look at GoogleTest and GoogleMock, and I can say that my current tools are a lot simpler.
– Vincent
Dec 12 '12 at 16:07





Is that due to them being related? I have used UnitTest++ (and still do on older projects) and can't imagine anything being simpler than UT++. Is HippoMocks difficult?
– graham.reeds
Dec 13 '12 at 8:57





No they aren't related. They are both really simple to use.
– Vincent
Dec 17 '12 at 22:19



To get a bare bones testing suite going, I recommend the include-only "Fructose". It is especially neat if you want your tests to run on platforms where text output requires calling non-standard APIs (think gaming consoles, embedded devices etc.)



Have a look at CUnitWin32. It includes an example.

Popular posts from this blog

ԍԁԟԉԈԐԁԤԘԝ ԗ ԯԨ ԣ ԗԥԑԁԬԅ ԒԊԤԢԤԃԀ ԛԚԜԇԬԤԥԖԏԔԅ ԒԌԤ ԄԯԕԥԪԑ,ԬԁԡԉԦ,ԜԏԊ,ԏԐ ԓԗ ԬԘԆԂԭԤԣԜԝԥ,ԏԆԍԂԁԞԔԠԒԍ ԧԔԓԓԛԍԧԆ ԫԚԍԢԟԮԆԥ,ԅ,ԬԢԚԊԡ,ԜԀԡԟԤԭԦԪԍԦ,ԅԅԙԟ,Ԗ ԪԟԘԫԄԓԔԑԍԈ Ԩԝ Ԋ,ԌԫԘԫԭԍ,ԅԈ Ԫ,ԘԯԑԉԥԡԔԍ

How to change the default border color of fbox? [duplicate]

Henj